Since November 11th, 2021, the internet service used to query the public IP address is no longer supported. Unfortunately we missed that….
Despite “try … catch” the system hangs if there is an internet connection.
REMEDY for current versions (4.6.xx or higher):
Fortunately, the problem can be solved here quite easily.
- Please disconnect Internet
- Now restart the realKNX (power cycle the server or ARAGON Base respectively)
- After the device has started up, port 3000 can be reached again.
- Now connect internet again
- Check under “About” whether the version is 4.6.xx. If version 4.5 or older is installed, then continue on “OLDER VERSIONS”
- Carry out the update of the system (small symbol at the bottom left in the realKNX server tile). After the update, at least 4.6.40 should be installed.
ALTERNATIVE: For installations where the Internet cannot be switched off (unplugged), we have also prepared a NodeRed Flow that installs the new realKNX version. Here is the link to the code: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/proknx/node-red-lib/master/emergency-update.json
The procedure would then be as follows:
- Open the link and copy the content of the “JSON file” to the clipboard
- Open NodeRed (<IP>:1880), select “Import” in the menu at the top right, and paste the contents of the clipboard into the new window
- Now press “Save” at the top right to activate the flow
- Press the blue inject button once in the new flow
- Version 4.6.40 or higher should be installed after 4 to 5 minutes.
OLDER VERSIONS (V3.3 – V4.5)
Please do not perform an update. By installing the patch listed below, it is suggested to the system that there is no Internet.
- Open this link and copy the content of the JSON file to the clipboard
- Open NodeRed (<IP>:1880), select “Import” in the menu at the top right, and paste the content of the clipboard into the new window
- Press SAVE at the top right
- Select the new tab “Emergency work-around v4.5 & older” and press the blue Inject button once (this is the button on the left side of the first blue node)
- Please be patient, the modification will take 4 to 5 minutes.
Please note: In order to start up the system so that it is temporarily functional again, the Internet connection must be interrupted for the duration of the start-up.
Please contact email@example.com if you have problems updating.
IF SOMEONE CANNOT COMPLETE THIS DESCRIPTION OR ITS EXECUTION, HE IS WELCOME TO SEND THE UNIT TO OUR FRENCH ADDRESS. INDEPENDENT OF THE DATE OF PURCHASE AND SELLER, WE WILL BRING IT UP TO THE LATEST SOFTWARE VERSION AND SEND IT BACK AGAIN.