Our KNX-proServ looks back on a long history
It’s been 10 years since we first made our proServ available. It is the first controller that enables smartphone visualization to be configured via ETS. Here are a few milestones from a success story that still makes it one of the best-selling KNX visualization controllers in today’s market:
- 2011 Successful idea and development of product database and smartphone applications from iKnix (ControLED) and ProKNX (BleuCommAzur)
- 2012 official proServ presentation at the Light&Building
- 2013 Development of free drivers for RTI and Bitwise media controls
- 2015 IP Extension to KNX/SONOS Communication, configured in the ETS product database of proServ
- 2016 Launch of ProServX, a software module for Synology with Arm technology for data recording, curve display, and the use of switching time programs
- 2017 Launch of the first RealKNX Server: Control of the KNX Installation with Augmented Reality
- 2017 Integration of NodeRed IoT Editor with direct access to the proServ functions
- 2018 Extension of the RealKNX server for voice control with Siri, Alexa und Google
- 2019 New RealKNX Air Hardware and launch of offline voice control with Snips.
- 2019 Launch of RealKNX O-two: in-ceiling device with offline voice controlled assistant thanks to addition of microphones and a loudspeaker
- 2020 Launch of ARAGON PoE: the offline voice assistant in switch box format
- 2021 Launch of ARAGON WL: the offline voice assistant as a WLAN-enabled desktop device.
The first proServ, that was developed 10 years ago, is still compatible with all new devices.
Around 5000 proServ have now been installed and, thanks to free application updates that are always available, are still in operation today. Even if a user changes their smartphone, they can have immediate access to their KNX system again – unrestricted and without a license key!
|The largest proServ project 3Beirut:|
140 apartments were equipped with KNX and one proServ each.
|In the south of France, Hotel Beauvallon was equipped with proServ to serve the 40 guest rooms. A special feature: every guest receives an email with a link when they check in. When clicked on, an app is installed in the customer's language. They can then operate their surroundings with light, shading and air conditioning comfortably.|
|A large number of dream properties were realized with the proServ. In particular, the options for logging data from HVAC systems or energy consumption came into play.|
|More than 20 training centers and schools in Germany, Austria, France, Sweden, Belgium and Finland are equipped with the KNX proServ, which are used to demonstrate how simple it is to create a smartphone visualization.|