Home >> Node-RED App Library
This flow demonstrates how to emit a voice notification to a Google Home smart speaker when the byte value of a KNX device changes.
This flow uses:
- googlehome-notify (googlehome-notify-nj4 before 2018 Q1)
googlehome-notify : Sends a notification (a string) to a selected Google Home smart speaker.
- From the Menu in Node-Red (hamburger), select Configuration Nodes
- Select “GoogleHome-config-node” enter the IP address of the Google Home
- Open the function node “[var] Volume” and modify the text that will be sent to GH. Be careful with the format.
How it works:
- when the volume changes, the Google Home speaker emits “The volume is set to XX percent”
Download Code: learning-google-home-input-1-byte.json
How-to import: Video Tutorial