Home >> Node-RED App Library
This flow demonstrates Push notifications with Pushbullet. Pushbullet is an easy to use, free of charge service with support for Android, iOS and popular laptop browsers.
This flow uses:
Pushbullet: Depending on the state of the realknx-in, you will be able to receive a notification on your smartphones
Note: Remember to set the option “Convert output to boolean” in the realknx-in module.
Installation of Pushbullet node:
- Select the Node-Red menu (hamburger top right)
- Select Manage Palette and Install
- Type: node-red-node-pushbullet and select Install
Configuration of the Node:
- Sign or Create an Account at https://www.pushbullet.com/
- Create an account
- Go to Settings then Account
- Create an Access Token .
- Copy the API code
- In Node-Red menu , select Configuration Nodes
- Open “PushBullet Config” and paste the API code
- Download and install the smartphone pushbullet app, connect it with your account.
How it works:
When your pushbullet account receives a notification, it will be sent on the devices you have selected. The title is the message that appears directly on your screen and msg.payload is the description that will be visible only from the pushbullet application on your smartphone.
In this example a push notification is sent to your smartphone when KNX device changes statue (here: when a door is opened/closed)
Download Code: learning-push-notifications.json
How-to import: Video Tutorial